Brooklyn Car Accident Lawyer Helping Injured Victims Of Car Accidents Recover Compensation
Everybody knows that driving in New York City is tough—and data indicate that driving in Brooklyn can be among the toughest driving in New York City. Brooklyn was the site of 28 percent of all traffic accents in New York City from March 2014 through April 2015, second only to Queens with 29.5 percent. Manhattan was a distant third at 22.6 percent, while the Bronx and Staten Island totaled only 19.9 percent between them.
According to a New York Police Department report for July 2017, out of all the boroughs, only Queens had more traffic accidents involving fatalities or injuries than Brooklyn, and that by a slim margin. All other boroughs were far behind.
While driver inattention was the leading factor for fatal injury auto accidents in Brooklyn, other leading causes of such accidents were failure to yield the right-of-way, following too closely, improper passing or lane usage, passing too closely, disregard of traffic signals, turning improperly, unsafe lane changes and unsafe speed.
Let’s face it—Brooklyn drivers can be downright aggressive.
Small wonder, then, that in 2009 a study by The Affinion Group found that New York drivers were the angriest and most aggressive in the nation. Another insurance company likewise found that New York City was the worst in the nation for drivers.
What Steps Should Brooklyn Drivers Take To Remain Safe On The Road?
Driving in Brooklyn—or anywhere in New York City—requires that you exercise care. It is a difficult driving environment. At least one insurance company recommends steps you can take to remain safe, including:
- Protect yourself – If you encounter an aggressive driver in traffic, lock your doors. If traffic forces you to stop, make sure to leave enough room to pull around the car in front of you. Should an aggressive driver confront you, call 911.
- It’s not personal – No matter how bad the other driver behaves, be polite and courteous. Avoid conflict if possible. Moving on is better than getting into a dangerous situation.
- Report aggressive drivers – Don’t hesitate to report dangerous driving to the appropriate law enforcement agency, via 911 or any other means. Be sure to give a vehicle description, license number, location, travel direction, and description of the aggressive driving.
- Be Courteous Yourself
Setting an example might not always make other drivers better, but it can’t hurt. Furthermore, keeping yourself under control can help keep you safe. Steps you should take include:
- Avoid making eye contact with an aggressive driver.
- Don’t make obscene gestures.
- Don’t tailgate.
- Use your horn sparingly—others can misinterpret even a polite honk.
- Don’t block the passing lane.
- Don’t block the right turn lane.
If You Suffer a Personal Injury in an Automobile Accident in New York City, Call the Rybak Firm, PLLC, Today to Discuss Your Options
If you are injured in a car accident caused by an aggressive driver in New York City, explore your compensation options. Take advantage of a Free Case Consultation and Evaluation by a Car Accident Lawyer of The Rybak Firm, PLLC. Contact us today at (718)307-5554 Available 24/7 or use our personal contact form on the firm’s website.
Car Accident Lawyer Near Me
Our offices are located in Brooklyn, NY, however we serve the entire NYC Metro Area and represent clients in every borough of New York City. Our Accident Lawyers are able to travel to you if you are unable to meet at our offices due to an injury. We also provide free transportation to and from our offices.
Our office address is:
1810 Voorhies Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11235
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.