It’s spring, and your entire family may be gearing up for the fun in the sun that’s to come. But spring is also a great time to review the rules that can help keep your family safe – at the beach, the lake, and the pool – as temperatures rise and you head toward the water.
Water Safety Rules
Drowning is a very real danger, and children are far more likely to fall victim to this fate. In fact, drowning is the leading cause of accidental deaths in children age one through four. Take water safety very seriously, and learn the rules that can keep your family safe the upcoming summer season:
- Remember that water-related injuries can occur in any body of water, including bathtubs and kiddie pools.
- Make sure that you and your children know how to swim – get swimming lessons for your children and yourself (if you need them).
- Never leave children of any age alone near any body of water. Flotation devices are no substitute for adult supervision, and tragedy can strike in the blink of an eye.
- Learn CPR – a simple CPR class might help you save a life.
- Maintain physical boundaries around your pool and hot tub to keep children out.
- Use appropriate safety equipment, including life vests on boats, and follow all posted safety instructions.
- Understand how rip currents – strong currents near beach waves that can carry swimmers far from the shore – work, and explain them to your children.
Water activities should be fun, but you should always take them seriously; your family’s safety depends upon it.
If You’ve Suffered Because of a Water Accident Caused by Another’s Negligence, Contact an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer in the Brooklyn or NYC Area Today
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a water-related injury caused by someone else’s negligence in the Brooklyn or New York City area, do not hesitate to call The Rybak Firm. Our skilled personal injury attorneys are adept at fighting for and obtaining the legal compensation that you deserve. Oleg Rybak has extensive experience handling water accident cases like yours, and he’s here to help you and your family. Call The Rybak Firm at 718-307-5554 or contact us online to discuss a possible case for free today.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.